Monday, February 10, 2014

Clouded Dreams

Clouded Dreams- the name that I choose for my studio. Why not go with my own name? Sarah McIntyre or Sarah Elizabeth? I feel like I should defend my choice of distancing myself from my work by not labeling it with my given name. Truthfully, I hate to even sign my art. When I can get away with it, I don't. I would rather stand behind the studio name I choose, something I spent so long pondering to represent my creations. It feels right to me. Why did I decide on Clouded Dreams Studio? Of course it is the image that it conjures in my mind! It reminds me of my past, and guides me towards my future. 

This art blog marks a point in my journey. I can't say it is the beginning, because it isn't. Art has been in my life so long that it is hard to differentiate the parts that it has not affected. However, I can positively say that my life did not take a permanent course on the art path until my junior year in college when I switch from being a biology major to studio art. Building a life with a base in art has lead me to my finest memories and is something I will never regret. Brick by brick I have been laying the foundation to bigger dreams, trying to create a life that makes me proud and stays true to who I am. 

This month I started my first steps in starting my website CloudedDreamsStudio.com. It isn't up and running yet, but at least my blog is. My facebook page has been up for awhile now facebook.com/sarahmcintyreartist. I even occasionally post prints or paintings in my etsy shop etsy.com/shop/sarahemcintyre. Starting my own art website is on my list of accomplishments. We will have to see where this year takes me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment